Is It Possible to Keep Areas of My Arlington Business Open During Water Cleanup?
Work with SERVPRO Ahead of Water Loss or Other Disasters to Minimize the Disruption and Accelerate the Cleanup in Your Arlington Restaurant
Water is a necessity and a convenience in Arlington restaurants. It is sipped by customers, used as a cooking aid and ingredient, and helps wash the dishes and allow the restrooms to function. When a water main slices open due to a remodeling error at a neighboring business, you might fear a shutdown for an unspecified time. No company wants that uncertainty on the menu, but water removal is a tricky operation.
Are There Strategies We Can Explore to Keep Our Business Running During Water Mitigation and Remediation?
In a competitive foodservice market like that of Arlington, water cleanup closure could nudge your customer base to make their reservations at another eatery permanently. People are busy and very disappointed when a favorite restaurant has to close its doors and fail to feed our hungry families. We encourage our commercial customers to contact us before any water damage to explore the creation of an Emergency READY Profile Plan (ERP) to avoid this outcome.
Whom Do I Call to Set Up an Emergency READY Profile Plan (ERP)?
Give the SERVPRO main number a call to schedule a no-obligation assessment with one of our experienced project managers. Expect an in-depth inspection of all spaces inside your business, and a discussion about the firms that might share common areas or walls, and storage and utility areas with your business. We want to understand your physical layout and how your restaurant works, for example:
- Location of utility lines and shutoffs
- Location of restrooms, sinks
- Bar set up
- Pre-opening prep times
- How heavy water use tasks such as dishwashing or par-cooking are staffed and staggered through the workday and night
- Hours of operation
- Number of staff in various spaces
- Separation of dining areas from food and drink prep
- Configuration of any take out ordering and pickup spaces
- Typical customer load and variations depending on time and day of the week
Why Does the Project Manager Take Pictures of My Business?
As our project manager moves through your restaurant's spaces, a series of pictures are stored and saved to your digital ERP file. Because we need all of our work crews to have comprehensive information about the layout and particular concerns in your business space, we archive visual reminders to assist if they pick up the call.
Does My Opinion Matter When Creating an ERP?
We know you have concerns similar to other customers in the restaurant business, but we also understand your business is unique. During the assessment, we discuss ways that your foodservice mission could continue even if we are onsite orchestrating water removal and structural drying. We are familiar with ways to complete a water cleanup project while allowing you to operate at partial or adapted capacity, such as:
- Erecting containment barriers around the main work site
- Scaling our response efforts up to finish tasks quickly during non-dining hours, which can involve:
- Larger work crews for shorter periods
- Additional high-capacity extraction equipment
- Sealing the containment area with air scrubbers to prevent drift of any debris and enhance the efficiency of drying equipment
Do You Have Any Advice to Minimize the Effect of a Disaster?
One of the ways we help clients prepare for water or another disaster that could occur is to evaluate if the implementation of safeguards would help. Our recommendations vary from business to business, but some of the suggestions we might extend are:
- Raising equipment permanently on blocks
- Scheduling plumbing inspections if drains seem slow or if micro leaks are present
- Consulting with building management to be made aware of any planned plumbing maintenance or construction
- Writing and disseminating among your employees an emergency plan
Is It Worth My Time to Fill Out Details on the SERVPRO ERP App?
All information you provide helps us respond more effectively and efficiently when you experience a water loss. Some of the things you can share that make our response more streamlined and specific to your situation are:
- Contact information for the vendors and contractors who sold and installed your equipment and systems
- A clear indication that SERVPRO is your preferred restoration partner and has permission to begin emergency work
- A list of your highest priorities as we respond
- Designated employees or other individuals who can act on your behalf if you are out of town or otherwise unavailable when the emergency occurs
You will not regret working with SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East on disaster preparation through the development of an Emergency READY Profile (ERP). Call us at (904) 721-2230 to schedule a consultation today.