Why Does Flood Water Need Special Treatment In Arlington?
Flash Flooding Brings Debris and Contaminants Into Your Arlington Home That Requires Professional Crews to Cleanup and Remove
Flooding causes over $8 billion in damages in the United States every year. Those who live in areas where strong seasonal storms are the norm have a higher rate of damage. If heavy rains and winds damage your Arlington home, SERVPRO can help.
What Are Some of the Hazards of Floodwaters?
When a pipe bursts or your dishwasher overflows, that results in clean or gray water. Bacteria and other biohazards are not typically present. Floodwaters from storms in Arlington present a whole new set of difficulties that are best left in professionals' hands. This includes things such as:
• Blackwater due to debris, dirt, and contaminants getting caught up in the water flow.
• Electrical issues from downed power lines or electric systems being beneath the flood levels.
• Bacteria and other potential health issues such as mold can develop quickly.
• Chemical contaminants from nearby medical facilities, industry, or even household cleaning supplies.
It is essential to avoid floodwaters, if at all possible. Don't try to save your home's content. Let the professionals take care of that. SERVPRO crews will do their best to salvage as much material as they can from your home. We have restoration experts that can restore everything from upholstered furniture to household goods like dishes and clothing.
Sanitizing & Disinfecting After a Flood
Sanitation plays a significant role in restoring a home after a flood. All traces of bacteria or other microscopic contaminants need removing, so there is no chance of health issues later on. Methods we use involving EPA-registered disinfectants include:
• Spraying down walls.
• Spraying down all surfaces
• Removing porous materials that have absorbed contaminants
• Replacing lower portions of affected sheetrock or drywall.
Flash flooding is hazardous, but our crews are available 24/7 to intervene when disaster strikes. Contact SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East at (904) 721-2230 for expert flood damage service. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!