What is the Best Approach to Secure an Arlington Property After a Fire?
Fire Damage in Arlington
Homeowners are very concerned about many things after a fire in their Arlington home. There is damage from the water used by the fire department to quell the blaze. Although the fire may be contained to a small area of the house, smoke damage may have impacted the entire home. If the home must remain unoccupied after the fire, many are also concerned about vandalism, theft, and additional damage from the environment.
SERVPRO's experience with fire damage incidents in Arlington and surrounding areas spans the complete range of restoration from small fires to large catastrophic events. We understand how important it is to protect the home from additional damage regardless of the source. Our fire restoration team focuses on:
• Ensuring the home is safe to enter
• Removing excessive water to mitigate further damage from moisture and mold
• Providing board up services to cover open windows and doors
Once these basic needs are managed, the team removes fire-damaged items, dries and reduces moisture levels to normal ranges, and begins cleaning. Smoke odors are removed, and restoration activities can begin.
Can Homeowners Stay in Their Homes After a Fire?
Several factors determine whether it is appropriate for the homeowner to remain in their home after a fire. These include:
• Size of the fire and the amount of damage caused by the fire
• The layout of the house and location of the fire relative to liveable areas of the home
• Security and safety for family members living in the home
• Comfort level of the homeowner, for example, smoke odors may be extreme
• Insurance coverage for alternate living arrangements
SERVPRO can assist homeowners with these decisions, provide information, and answer questions regarding their safety and comfort levels, the security of the home, and restoration timelines.
Call SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East (904) 721-2230 to assist with fire damage and restoration of your home.