Water Damage Prevention - Steps to Take
We found an interesting article on the web today. It gives step by step ways you can save yourself from potential water damage. Here are some of the steps you can be on the look out for:
1. Always maintain a good roof and check to see that your gutter drains are clear and free from obstruction.
2. Double check your irrigation systems as well as any hoses that are plastic/rubber. Not only can you run up a nasty water and sewer bill, you can end up with a huge flood problem.
3. Check your windows for leaks and any foundation imperfections.
4. (This tip is good for mold!) Keep your relative humidity levels in your home at 55%.
5. Lastly, call us at the first sign of damage, we can save you from a potential larger scale problem.
These are just a few helpful tips that can help you avoid disasters that are within your control. Natural disasters are a different story!