Chris Ryan Explains Why It Is Essential to Deal With Microbial Growth in Your Arlington Home
Microbial Growth, or more commonly known as mold, is a problem that plagues many homes in Florida. Because of the unique geographical location of the state, adjacent to the ocean, seasonal storms and even hurricanes can leave your home waterlogged. Chris Ryan, our Project Manager at SERVPRO of Arlington, explains why it is essential to get the water out of your home as quickly as possible.
Ryan explains that after a storm, "it is very important that your home is properly dried out because, if it is not properly dried out within a 72 hour period, you have the possibility of microbial growth in your home." Even a period as short as three days is enough time for the mold spores to feed off of the moisture, expand, and form a colony. Because mold can cause health effects, it is better for you and your family to get it out of your home as soon as possible.
Ryan proceeds to point out some signs that you may have mold growth in your home. "A musty smell, or odor, also you can see visual staining on your drywall or any kind of material in your home." Malodourous musty scents are enough of a cause to call a restoration company as it is an indication that mold is growing out of control. Chris comments that if you are starting to "notice these signs, it is very important that you call a professional like SERVPRO."
Chris explains that once you call SERVPRO, we can travel to your home quickly and inspect the damage. From there, we can determine if we need an air quality specialist to do mold testing. After testing, we can "get in there and remediate to make sure that you have no issues of microbial growth in your home anymore."
Do not hesitate if you smell mold or find it in your home. Dial (904) 721-2230 to contact SERVPRO of Arlington. We strive to return your home to its pre-mold state.