Where Can Homeowners Turn for Wet Drywall Cleanup?
When water damages the drywall in your home, contact SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Technicians Eliminate Water Damage from Arlington Home Wall Cavities
Pinhole leaks in pipes can cause many Arlington property owners' issues ranging from increased water bills to mold growth in and behind walls. Fortunately, there is a local team prepared to remove the damage from your property 24/7.
Arlington homeowners seeking water damage mitigation and restoration can count on SERVPRO 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including weekends and holidays. This locally-owned and operated franchise is prepared continuously to restore homes to a preloss condition after a disaster.
How Does SERVPRO Prepare a Structure for Drying?
- Moisture detection for surfaces and inside wall cavities is a must for determining drying goals.
- Relative humidity and air temperature in the affected space are another major factor.
- The openness of the water-damaged space may necessitate the construction of drying chambers or partitions for accelerated drying.
SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East provides restoration services 24/7 that make homes look and feel, "Like it never even happened." Homeowners in need of disaster cleanup services can call (904) 721-2230.
What Can Arlington Homeowners Do to Help the Flood Damage Remediation Process?
Water removal is the first step when dealing with flood damage in your home. Our technicians are standing by 24/7 to take your emergency call.
Arlington Residents Want to Know how to Handle Flood Damage Cleanup
Having contractors working in your Arlington home can be a stressful experience. SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East understands that inviting people into your home is not always easy, especially after a disaster. You want to know your house is in good hands – and you want to know what you should or should not do while the workers are present.
Customers dealing with flood damage in their Arlington residences often ask us what they can do to help – and if there is anything they should not do. We appreciate your concern and hope this article gives you a clear overview of what to expect when we arrive.
What should homeowners do while waiting for SERVPRO?
When you call us, we will call you back within an hour to arrange a home visit. You can expect our technicians within four hours after we arrange a visit with you. While you are waiting, you might find it helpful to:
- Mop and blot away excess water from hardwood floors, lino, carpets, and furniture
- Remove colored items such as magazines from carpets
- Gather up loose items and put them somewhere safe
- Place aluminum foil between furniture legs and carpets to prevent stains
- Keep pets and children out of water-damaged areas and arrange for them to stay with a nearby friend or relative if possible
Please do not attempt to suction up water – we have much more effective pumps that we will use when we arrive. It is also vital that you do not try any mopping, blotting, or gathering of items unless you are entirely confident that it is safe for you to do so. If you are in any doubt, please wait for the SERVPRO team to arrive – We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Is it safe to move cushions or fabrics?
If the room itself does not contain any hazards, we highly recommend you:
- Lean sofa and chair cushions, and throw pillows, together in "tents" to help them dry faster
- Remove rugs from wet carpets to prevent color stains
- Hang water-damaged leather items and furs
Please do not touch fabrics if the water might contain sewage or animal carcasses – in those cases, you must wait for us to arrive and let us take care of everything.
What should you do when SERVPRO arrives?
When our technicians arrive, they will assess your Arlington storm damaged home. We use moisture meters, moisture probes, and thermo-hygrometers to evaluate your house. We use this equipment to measure:
- How deep water has penetrated the carpet, carpet backing, lino, hardwood floors, or subfloors
- The path water took across walls, ceilings, and baseboards
- The level of humidity in the affected area
We will advise you of our proposed drying plan and ensure you approve it before we begin. Do not hesitate to ask any questions you might have – our technicians are here to help. Our team will let you know where it is safe to go and whether you should avoid areas of your home while we are working. We will also consult you on decisions regarding what to discard and what to keep.
Is there anything you should not do when SERVPRO arrives?
Please refrain from touching or turning off any of our equipment. We appreciate that some of our machines are bulky and they can certainly be noisy. However, we calibrate and position them for the most effective drying, and you mustn't disturb them. The machines may need to run for several days to restore the humidity and moisture levels in your home to preloss levels.
We also ask that you do not open windows or doors or switch the HVAC system on or off without asking us first. Our technicians are well-versed in the science of drying. That means we create the optimum drying environment before we begin work. An unexpected open window, or a change in the HVAC system, can compromise that environment and negatively impact drying.
Is it safe for you to stay in your home during drying?
Whether it is safe for you to stay in your home depends on the extent of the damage, and whether it affects vital areas such as the kitchen or bathrooms. Your SERVPRO team will advise you on any safety issues. We can also liaise with your insurer on your behalf. In some scenarios, your insurance will cover the cost of staying away from your home while we work. Your insurer might also agree to cover the accommodation cost if our equipment is too noisy for you to stay at home comfortably.
For help with flood damage in your home, call SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East at (904) 721-2230.
Local Commercial Water Removal Services?
We know more than just the basics when it comes to water damage. Let SERVPRO help rid your kitchen showroom of unwanted moisture.
SERVPRO Can Remove the Water Damage From Your Arlington Kitchen Showroom.
Owning a local Arlington business can become incredibly challenging when your property needs urgent water removal services. Picture finally being able to open the kitchen showroom of your dreams. You have poured blood, sweat, and tears into your kitchen renovation business. After years of commitment, and thousands of dollars, you finally have a modern and luxury showroom to present to your clients.
Now picture what might happen if a water supply line breaks and puts your sparkly new kitchen showroom in need of local Arlington water removal services. It may seem like a nightmare come to life, but the best thing you can do is get help quickly. No matter the day of the week or the time, here at SERVPRO, we're open so we can help you during your time of need.
How Fast Can SERVPRO Arrive to a Water Damage Situation
At SERVPRO, we care about providing excellent service at a face pace. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster, and we pride ourselves on that fact. With just one phone call, we can:
- Swiftly assemble a team of expert water removal specialist
- Drive one of our pre-loaded vans of equipment to your property
- Use GPS to ensure we're taking the fastest route to your location
We build our schedule around yours and aim to be available whenever you need us. No matter if your emergency happens at midday or midnight, we're here for you.
What Can SERVPRO Do For My Showroom? What About the Cabinetry?
We understand that kitchen showrooms are all about design. We know you have thousands of dollars worth of cabinetry, tables, and flooring examples. Not to mention, you also have appliances on display. Should any of these things become damaged, we can:
- Help you take stock of lost inventory so you can create a claim with your insurance adjuster
- Remove standing water with our advanced industry-grade technology (such as extractors and portable pumps)
- Set up drying equipment to help remove excess moisture from pieces (such as dehumidifiers and air movers)
Our goal at SERVPRO is always to leave you feeling, "Like it never even happened."
When your home requires professional water removal services, never wait. Call SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East by dialing (904) 721-2230. No matter the time, we can help you!
What is the Best Approach to Secure an Arlington Property After a Fire?
Call SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East (904) 721-2230 to assist with fire damage and restoration of your home.
Fire Damage in Arlington
Homeowners are very concerned about many things after a fire in their Arlington home. There is damage from the water used by the fire department to quell the blaze. Although the fire may be contained to a small area of the house, smoke damage may have impacted the entire home. If the home must remain unoccupied after the fire, many are also concerned about vandalism, theft, and additional damage from the environment.
SERVPRO's experience with fire damage incidents in Arlington and surrounding areas spans the complete range of restoration from small fires to large catastrophic events. We understand how important it is to protect the home from additional damage regardless of the source. Our fire restoration team focuses on:
• Ensuring the home is safe to enter
• Removing excessive water to mitigate further damage from moisture and mold
• Providing board up services to cover open windows and doors
Once these basic needs are managed, the team removes fire-damaged items, dries and reduces moisture levels to normal ranges, and begins cleaning. Smoke odors are removed, and restoration activities can begin.
Can Homeowners Stay in Their Homes After a Fire?
Several factors determine whether it is appropriate for the homeowner to remain in their home after a fire. These include:
• Size of the fire and the amount of damage caused by the fire
• The layout of the house and location of the fire relative to liveable areas of the home
• Security and safety for family members living in the home
• Comfort level of the homeowner, for example, smoke odors may be extreme
• Insurance coverage for alternate living arrangements
SERVPRO can assist homeowners with these decisions, provide information, and answer questions regarding their safety and comfort levels, the security of the home, and restoration timelines.
Call SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East (904) 721-2230 to assist with fire damage and restoration of your home.
Where Can I Find Fire Clean Up and Restoration Services in Arlington?
When you need fire damage restoration, don't wait.
SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East Can Help You With Fire Clean Up and Restoration Services!
Dealing with the aftermath of a fire in Arlington can be traumatic for any homeowner. Removing ash, debris, soot, and damaged materials are not meant for one, or even two people, to attempt to do by themselves. The truth is that this type of work takes a team.
If your home needs local Arlington fire damage clean up and restoration services, don't wait too long to get help. A quick response can make the difference when it comes to dealing with the aftermath of a fire. Preventing water from creating damage, locking in odors, and reducing stains quickly can allow you to potentially save materials that would be lost if left too long. Action is the best defense against any kind of home damage.
A Fire Happened in My Home, What Should I Do First?
Quick! Visualize your home. Picture a fire burning inside of your living room. What do you do after you have called the fire department and tried to extinguish it?:
• Exit your home swiftly and safely until the fire department clears you for entry
• Get in touch with professional remediation services as quickly as possible
• Resist the urge to try and go back inside for any pets or possessions
You may feel bad leaving a furry friend behind, but they actually have a much better chance of finding a spot to hide safely inside than you do. Let the firefighters do their job and focus your efforts on getting SERVPRO to your house.
What Can a Restoration Team Do to Remediate My Home Pre Rebuild?
Once our SERVPRO team arrives, we can get to work right away. Our technicians can:
• Remove damaged materials and prepare them for the curbside trash pick up
• Use housemade cleaning agents to remove soot throughout your living room
• Use advanced technological devices, such as hydroxyl generators and thermal foggers, to reduce odors
With fire, cleanup comes a lot of work. For this reason, leave it to us. Here at SERVPRO, we can take the hard work off your hands and get your home ready for rebuild. The sooner the work is done, the sooner you can get back to living your life.
When you need fire damage restoration, don't wait. Call SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East by dialing (904) 721-2230. No matter the time, we're able to help.
How Long Do Mold Professionals Take to Remediate a Residential Property?
Hidden mold is difficult to locate within your home. The professionals as SERVPRO can locate and remediate your mold damage.
Mold Removal Companies Expect Most Households to Take One to Five Days to Complete the Remediation Process. SERVPRO is Available to Begin Mold Remediation in your Arlington Home Today
Which experts are available for mold remediation?
Recovering your Arlington residence from mold issues can involve several parties. Your insurer will begin a claim with you, and an adjuster within the team will create your estimate. Depending on the type and extent of damages, it may be necessary to use an industrial hygienist. These experts can direct the remediation aspect, especially regarding restoring indoor air quality in good condition. Mold remediation professionals handle the lion share of mold recovery. These technicians act quickly to assess the infestation's extent, remove non-salvageable materials, and clean your home. Many mold growth issues in residential properties only require mold remediation technicians and an insurance adjuster.
Are qualifications necessary for mold removal?
When using mold removal companies in Arlington, you should look out for qualifications and certifications. There is a reduction in the losses associated with mold growth when homeowners use professional companies. Some materials may be salvageable, and others may need disposal and containment to prevent spreading. SERVPRO mold remediation technicians hold qualifications from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certifications body. These certify us to accurately assess your household and conduct our remediation in a professional, accountable manner. Knowledge of how mold spreads, the type of environment they grow in, and the extent of damage is essential to creating a speedy mold recovery program for your home.
What can I do to reduce the chances of mold growing in my home?
- Control humidity in your property using dehumidification equipment
- Regularly assess areas of the home with previous mold or that are likely spots for mold growth
- Use vacuums fitted with high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters to capture mold spores
How much equipment do you need for mold remediation?
Remediating mold in your Arlington home requires a multi-pronged approach. One of your jobs is to decide what materials to get rid of, remove existing mold infestation, and prevent mold from growing back. Mold remediation, then, is a balancing act. Simultaneously replacing or restoring materials and mitigating against further losses is essential. In the right conditions, mold spores can grow within forty-eight-hours. Since many remediation tasks last several nights, it is crucial to set up drying equipment in the property and controlling humidity. SERVPRO technicians may set up dehumidifiers or use chemical action to prevent microbial growth overnight before returning the following day to remove or restore materials.
What are the essential processes of mold removal?
- Investigation of the mold issue and assessment on the extent of damage
- Containment of the affected area to avoid further spreading
- Demo or restoration of affected materials in the home
Can mold odor be removed from a property?
Mold is synonymous with a dank, musty odor. Usually, removing the odor's source, the mold colonies, is beneficial at returning your home to its normal, preloss condition. However, sometimes mold or damp odors can remain in a property longer than is comfortable after remediation. Using deodorants in the affected area of a property is generally the best method of controlling mold odors after destroying contaminated materials. Often, fumigation can be achieved in an enclosed space by setting up a drying tent. Recovered materials through the cleaning or other techniques can usually benefit from spray washing with anti-microbial chemicals alongside spray deodorants. SERVPRO technicians can place odor-controlling pellets in smaller recesses of the home to further eliminate unpleasant odors.
What are the hidden areas that mold can grow in a house?
- Recesses like crawlspaces, cavities, or subfloor
- Attic spaces or outhouses that may have inferior insulation
- Wet rooms like bathrooms, kitchens, or showers
Can heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems cause mold growth?
It is normal to inspect the HVAC system in your Arlington home when remediating a microbial growth issue. HVAC systems use moisture to cool air and can contribute to higher levels of humidity in a property. A faulty or leaking system can lead to a buildup of microbial organisms in the ducts and shafts. Unfortunately, the labyrinthine network of ducts can transport mold spores throughout the home. It is usual for SERVPRO technicians to seal off the HVAC system when conducting mold remediation to limit potential spreading. Our technicians can perform a preliminary inspection of the system, but any operational issues may require a specialist to repair. Our SERVPRO team can arrange for a specialist on your behalf to ensure that you only work with one point of contact throughout the process.
Getting rid of mold issues in your property is a professional service that requires expertise and training. Contact SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East at (904) 721-2230 for assistance.
How Long Does It Take to Clean My Arlington Home After a Fire?
Removing the effects of fire damage from your home can be quite overwhelming. Contact SERVPRO 24/7 for professional remediation services.
For Timely and Professional Restoration in Arlington, Call SERVPRO
Nothing Looks Salvageable, Where Do You Start?
At SERVPRO, Arlington area fire restoration begins with a thorough inspection and assessment. Technicians and other team members determine what cleaning methods, equipment, and cleaners they need to remove residues, and other particles to restore the personal and structural property.
What Methods and Chemicals Do Technicians Use?
- Spray and Wipe – Technicians use a spray bottle to apply a mild cleaning agent. After application, they wipe the surface down with a clean, white towel, and repeat as needed. Spraying uses only a small amount of product directly where needed which provides more control than spraying cleaner on a towel and then wiping.
- Foam – This cleaning method uses less cleaning agents and water absorption, which is particularly useful on upholstery so colors do not bleed. Technicians make a foam with a pump-up sprayer or agitate a bucket of cleaner and water for the same effect. Team members apply it directly or with a sponge. The method is also very effective on mattresses and box springs.
- Abrasive – For this method, technicians agitate the surface of the items to loosen and remove residues and other particles. They apply a thick, crème cleaner that contains a mild abrasive agent. Excellent for stone steps and brick walls, team members also use a scrubbing pad where necessary.
- Immersion – For heavily covered, small items, technicians dip them into a mixture of cleaner and hot water. Once soaked, they wipe everything off with a cloth or sponge and then rinse.
What If My Content Is Too Soaked For Cleaning?
For items in this condition, SERVPRO response teams use powdered agents and solvents for dry cleaning the personal and structural property. Team members apply each by hand to ensure they do not damage surfaces and then remove them with a cloth or sponge.
To learn more about what we can do for your home here or in Glynlea, contact SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East today at (904) 721-2230. We are here for you.
Click here for more information about Arlington.
How Do I Know If My Arlington Home’s Prior Storm-Related Damage Has Been Effectively Repaired?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Arlington Companies Like SERVPRO Have State-Of-The-Art Tools That Can Identify Any Remaining Issues from Poorly Remediated Flood Damage.
As residents know, Arlington routinely suffers the effects of strong coastal storms. Yearly, between June and the end of November, powerful tropical storms travel up Florida’s Atlantic coast and cause millions of dollars in damage to homes and businesses. Once these weather systems pass, local homeowners are often left with an expensive mess to clean up. This is when they desperately enlist the aid of flood damage cleanup and restoration companies. Unfortunately, not all of these are quality services that have technicians with the right training, experience, or equipment to effectively resolve their flood-related issues. Worse still, is when homeowners have to hire another company to find and repair what these inept services have done incorrectly.
What Are The Signs of Bad Flood Damage Restoration Work?
The goal of any good Arlington flood damage remediation service is to return your home to its pre-flood condition. This they do by removing any standing floodwaters, drying up all excess moisture in your home’s interior, disinfecting impacted surfaces, and using deodorants to neutralize foul floodwater-related odors. When workers do remediation work ineffectively, several visible issues could result. These noticeable problems include:
• Ceiling or floor buckling
• Warping of walls
• Crumbling drywall and plaster
• Deterioration of paint and other wall coverings
• Water stains or discoloration of structural elements
• Dry rot, mold, or mildew on baseboards, walls, and ceilings
• Persistent foul, floodwater-related odors
Whenever you notice any of these visible indications of water damage, it’s likely your home’s stormwater-related issues were poorly remediated. This is when you need the help of professional inspection and restoration professionals like SERVPRO.
How Can SERVPRO Precisely Locate Structural Elements and Other Materials Still Impacted by Floodwater Damage?
One of the many useful abilities of SERVPRO is our skill and experience in locating water damage in even the most hidden areas. Company technicians can do this because of their extensive training and advanced equipment. Some of the advanced equipment they use is:
• Moisture sensors and meters that identify materials affected by excess moisture and measure the level of impact
• Temperature and relative humidity-measuring thermohygrometers that allow our professionals to calculate dew points, vapor pressure, and specific humidity
• Cameras with infrared technology that can locate hidden water damage behind your home’s structural elements
When floodwaters inundate your property, they can get into every nook and cranny of your house. If a subpar remediation company attempts to resolve the resulting issues, it’s often not so easy to determine what they failed to properly remediate. Fortunately, with our high-tech tools, we are usually able to do just that.
How Does SERVPRO Fix Improperly Remediated Flood Damage?
After our experts find that you have flood-related problems remaining from a previous remediation attempt, they follow a time-tested procedure for correcting them. This corrective process generally involves:
• Determining a proper drying goal, given the moisture levels in non-impacted areas and the local climate
• Replacing affected structural elements that cannot be restored
• Extracting remaining standing water with wet vacs
• Drying your home’s interior, including even the most difficult-to-access places, with air movers, various types of dehumidifiers, and Injectidry systems
• Treating your residence with state-of-the-art foggers and EPA-approved disinfectants and deodorants
Often, regardless of the incompetence of your previous remediation service, SERVPRO is able to fix missed or improperly repaired floodwater damage. Our time-tested procedures and advanced equipment enable our technicians to expertly locate and restore impacted materials.
Living on the coast, near warm water beaches, is not all sunshine and rainbows. Every year, local residents face the very real threat of powerful hurricanes and other tropical storms. These powerful cyclonic storms bring with them sustained torrential rains and strong winds that often cause severe flooding. Storm surges usually occur as a result of the winds, and the St. Johns River and area lakes can overflow. The excess water in this exceedingly low-lying, flat area has nowhere to go but into people’s houses. When this happens, your home is likely severely impacted. This is why Arlington area homeowners should anticipate coastal storms and research remediation companies before they ever experience the effects of a major storm.
If the previously mentioned preventative steps are not taken, residents face the risk of hiring an incompetent company that could cost them more money in the long run. Whenever this happens, they need the assistance of restoration professionals to correct the resulting issues as soon as possible. So, if restoration work has been completed on your home and you suspect ineffective service or continue to notice signs of water damage, contact SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East at (904) 721-2230 today.
How Does Professional Restoration Help After a Housefire in Arlington?
SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East is here to handle whatever fire damage restoration needs that you have.
SERVPRO’s Rapid Response to Your Arlington Home Gives You Proven Fire Damage Restoration Techniques to Limit the Loss
A fire can be your worst nightmare as a homeowner, but nobody can predict when a sudden blaze might break out. The flames can destroy structural materials and leave soot and smoke residue in its wake. Once this happens, you need highly-trained industry technicians on your side using the latest technology, methods, and equipment to handle the restoration. This is where SERVPRO can come in and ensure your Arlington home gets returned to the preloss condition.
Once you require fire damage restoration in Arlington, you should never wait. The longer that you wait to call in the assistance of IICRC-certified technicians, the more damage can develop. Lingering smoke and soot residue can cause further deterioration to your:
• Upholstered furniture
• HVAC system, and more
Services We Offer
When you call in the help of our trained fire restoration technicians (FRT), you can count on us for all fire and smoke damage services. Just a sampling of what we can do for you when you enlist the skills of our Green Fleet for fire damage restoration in Arlington includes:
• Security and safety with board-up/tarp-up services
• Prompt debris cleanup and disposal
• Effective smoke and soot removal
• Proven odor eliminating technology
• Rapid water and moisture removal
• Packing, cataloging, and storing of belongings
• Careful cleaning and restoration of textiles, furnishings, and building materials
• Controlled demolition and replacement, when necessary
You need to know that you never have to go it alone when dealing with the heartbreak of a house fire. We have a trained team standing by to come out for emergency service 24/7. Our staff can even help with the paperwork surrounding your insurance claim to take a bit of the burden off your shoulders.
SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East is here to handle whatever fire damage restoration needs that you have. Call (904) 721-2230, and we can send a Green Fleet out to your property to get to work fast!
Why Does Flood Water Need Special Treatment In Arlington?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!
Flash Flooding Brings Debris and Contaminants Into Your Arlington Home That Requires Professional Crews to Cleanup and Remove
Flooding causes over $8 billion in damages in the United States every year. Those who live in areas where strong seasonal storms are the norm have a higher rate of damage. If heavy rains and winds damage your Arlington home, SERVPRO can help.
What Are Some of the Hazards of Floodwaters?
When a pipe bursts or your dishwasher overflows, that results in clean or gray water. Bacteria and other biohazards are not typically present. Floodwaters from storms in Arlington present a whole new set of difficulties that are best left in professionals' hands. This includes things such as:
• Blackwater due to debris, dirt, and contaminants getting caught up in the water flow.
• Electrical issues from downed power lines or electric systems being beneath the flood levels.
• Bacteria and other potential health issues such as mold can develop quickly.
• Chemical contaminants from nearby medical facilities, industry, or even household cleaning supplies.
It is essential to avoid floodwaters, if at all possible. Don't try to save your home's content. Let the professionals take care of that. SERVPRO crews will do their best to salvage as much material as they can from your home. We have restoration experts that can restore everything from upholstered furniture to household goods like dishes and clothing.
Sanitizing & Disinfecting After a Flood
Sanitation plays a significant role in restoring a home after a flood. All traces of bacteria or other microscopic contaminants need removing, so there is no chance of health issues later on. Methods we use involving EPA-registered disinfectants include:
• Spraying down walls.
• Spraying down all surfaces
• Removing porous materials that have absorbed contaminants
• Replacing lower portions of affected sheetrock or drywall.
Flash flooding is hazardous, but our crews are available 24/7 to intervene when disaster strikes. Contact SERVPRO of Arlington / Jacksonville East at (904) 721-2230 for expert flood damage service. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!